tisdag 19 juni 2012

My Kid

bismillah.

Meet him: Muhammad Arung Tegar. 10 years old student. Very bright, so lovely. At the very first time I met him, I felt some strange connection between us. Deep inside my heart I believed that there is a similarity between us. Have you ever experienced it before? When you met someone then you felt that you both were similar each other.

Mas Arung pegang kurakuraninja ^^
And yup! Later, Ustz Beti told me more about Mas Arung. That time I did want to have a high five with him. We have similar condition, Kid! Tos dulu, Nak! ;)

Qodarullah. Mas Arung trusts me to teach him English twice a week in his home. He said that he doesn't like his two previous English teachers. He said that they are grumpy... o.O Since then he doesn't like English either.

From his sentences, I formulate my teaching strategy: I have to make him feels comfortable with me first then try to (re)introduce English in a fun way. I hope he can mastery English later on.

Alhamdulillah, Mas Arung likes the way I teach him. He even asks me to reschedule our private tutorial, from twice a week to everyday... o.O I do apologize Mas Arung, I'm afraid you'd be bored with me if you see me everyday :p (kidding. I have skripsweet to be done soon Mas, that I couldn't accompany you every single day. Maaf ya Mas Arung ya... ^^v)

After I read Tarbiyyah Project by Dawud Tauhidi (it really is a must to read for every teacher in this world! can be downloaded here), I realize that my teaching process with Mas Arung hasn't been integrated. I only taught him how to master English. I almost forget the 'akhlaq' point, how I integrate English lesson with his akhlaqul karimah. I have to renew my method to teach him English so it would not be only in his cognitive level but also his attitude. Bismillah... wish me luck, Mas Arung! ;)

Some stories between Mas Arung and I

It was very hectic day for me. Tiring one I could say.  Suddenly Mas Arung gave me some ice cream and a lollipop when I was bad mood that bad. I never told him that I like those childish-stuffs xD And when I asked him to try 'tahu bakso' in my friend's house, he totally loves it! I never knew that he likes tahu bakso that much! :))

Mas Arung often gives me valuable advises such as "You have to be good at cooking Ustz, so you could be a good wife in future." or "Someday you have to teach your children how to read Quran Ustz, like what my mother does." :))

Lately, Mas Arung and his mother went to their hometown for a couple of days. I do miss him. I''m eager to listen more to his stories about his family and friends. I miss the time when we prayed Ashar before we start our English tutorial. I miss the time when I accompanied him playing his riffle toy after he's done with the lesson. I miss the time when he told me about his dreams. He's totally my kid! :D

Well, I'll see you soon, Anak Shalih... <3

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar